Join Dr. Bob Sanborn and guest host Megan Schneider from CHILDREN AT RISK for the October 7th episode of Growing Up in America on 90.1FM KPFT in Houston! Episode includes:
- Data Head: CHILDREN AT RISK Staff Attorney Kavita Desai explains the significance of the number 8.9 million.
- Clarence Goes to College: CHILDREN AT RISK Student Intern Clarence Pierre, Jr. talks about the standardized tests high school students take in the college application process.
- Interview: Dr. Susan Landry, Founder & Director of the Children’s Learning Institute, talks about groundbreaking research being done on early learning.
- Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Paying teachers based on student performance?
- Interview: Ken Janda, President & CEO of Community Health Choice, talks about the opening of the new health insurance marketplaces.