* Originally Posted 5/23/2016
CHILDREN AT RISK is pleased to have completed the 2016 Annual School Rankings. Click here to view the methodology for the 2016 CHILDREN AT RISK Annual School Rankings, including the following measures by which schools are measured:
- Student Achievement Index – Performance on STAAR Reading and Math tests
- Campus Performance Index – An adjustment of achievement indicators to eliminate bias toward campuses with low percentages of economically disadvantaged students
- Growth Index – The improvement over time on standardized test scores in Reading, English, and Math
- College Readiness Index - graduation rates, SAT/ACT participation rate and scores, and AP/IB participation rate and scores
The Gold Ribbon Schools lists represent the top schools with a high concentration of economically disadvantaged students. The Houston, San Antonio, Austin, North Texas and Fort Worth Lists of Gold Ribbon Schools and Top Elementary, Middle and High Schools are listed below. Click here to review full data sheets, and check out www.texasschoolguide.org for report cards for each school ranked by CHILDREN AT RISK.
Click here to view CHILDREN AT RISK’s previous Annual School Rankings. Have questions or comments? Please email SchoolRankings@childrenatrisk.org. Please note, CHILDREN AT RISK receives a high volume of questions and requests during the annual release of the School Rankings. We will do our best respond to in a timely manner.