In 2008, CHILDREN AT RISK began to expand its efforts to the North Texas region and opened an office in Dallas in 2011 thanks to the generous support of several local foundations. In addition to the numerous high-performing non-profits in Dallas, there was a need for an organization focused on the whole child:
- conducting extensive research and data collection;
- building cross sector collaboration;
- driving needed media and community attention to pressing issues; and
- advocating for children in North Texas, at a local and state level.
CHILDREN AT RISK has over twenty years of experience fulfilling this role in Houston and is thrilled to play a role in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. CHILDREN AT RISK will work to make children a priority in North Texas and across the state.
CHILDREN AT RISK focuses its efforts where they are needed the most: where a significant number of children are affected, and where we can enhance, but not duplicate the work of others.
While CHILDREN AT RISK focuses on the whole child, its current priority issues are public education, human trafficking, food insecurity, and juvenile justice and mental health. CHILDREN AT RISK aims to change policies and practices through evidenced based solutions, to improve the quality of life for children in North Texas for years to come. CHILDREN AT RISK is unique that it does not provide direct services, but serves a catalyst for systems wide change.
- North Texas Advisory Board [SEPARATE PAGE (AND JUMP DOWN?) LINK > ABOUT US > Governance > North Texas Advisory Board]
- North Texas Staff [SEPARATE PAGE (AND JUMP DOWN?) LINK > ABOUT US > Staff > North Texas Staff]
- Internship and Job Opportunities [SEPARATE PAGE (AND JUMP DOWN?) LINK > ABOUT US > Jobs & Internships > North Texas Office Opportunites]
- Donations [LINK TO DONATE PAGE]
- North Texas Events [SEPARATE PAGE (AND JUMP DOWN?) LINK > EVENTS]
Help us make North Texas and our entire state a place where children come first by supporting us and donating to our Annual Fund. Help CHILDREN AT RISK speak out and drive change for children as a member of the CHILDREN AT RISK family.