- This event has passed.
87th Legislative Debrief
June 29 @ 9:00 am$45
The 87th Legislative Session ended with both wins and missed opportunities for Texas kids and families. So, how did children do in the 87th Texas Legislative Session?
Join CHILDREN AT RISK and the Texas Family Leadership Council (TXFLC) on June 29th to debrief this session’s wins and missed opportunities to better serve children. From early childhood education to health, PK-12 public education, family well-being, human trafficking, and child safety, don’t miss this whole-child perspective on the latest state legislation.
- Jamie Olson – Director of Government Relations, Feeding Texas
- Kim Kofron – Director of Early Childhood Education, C@R
- Julia Grizzard – Executive Director and Founder, BCEC
- Claire Bocchini, MD – Texas Children’s Hospital
- Caroline Roberts – Associate Director of Policy and Staff Attorney, C@R
- Chris Wallace– President & CEO, North Texas Commission
- Kolby Monnig– State Director, Texas, Ready Nation/Council for a Strong America
- Sylvia Acosta– CEO, YWCA El Paso del Norte
- Sharon Jones– Director of Texas Racial Equity Collaborative, C@R
- Jason Sabo– Founder, Frontera Strategy