- This event has passed.
The Resegregation of American Schools: The Economics of Inequity
August 18 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Texas Family Leadership Council (TXFLC), in partnership with CHILDREN AT RISK, will host their annual education summit on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. This summit will hone in on the economics that encourage the legacy of school segregation to continue in the 21st century, and will explore innovative ways schools can better reflect increasingly diverse student bodies.
Attendees will learn how school segregation impacts students’ academic experience, from determining where they go to school to influencing what they are permitted to learn in the classroom. Attendees will also learn about the policy change that needs to happen to combat school re-segregation at all levels to promote an inclusive learning experience for all students.
Featured Discussion Topics:
- Session 1: Mapping Discriminatory Practices
- Session 2: Understanding (In)Equity in Virtual Education: Discussions on School Choice
- Session 3: Culturally Responsive Teachers and Learning – Panel Discussion
- Session 4: Virtual Impact: Creating an inclusive playing field
- Session 5: In the Interim: Pushing for Productive Public Policy after the 87th Session