- This event has passed.
Healing & Thriving: A National Summit on Children of Immigrants
June 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Immigrant children in the United States come from all over the world and from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds. Their families face unique challenges that are affected by an array of both federal and state policies.
Millions of children in the US have at least one foreign-born parent. In some states, this accounts for nearly half of the child population. More than 90% of children of immigrants in the US are citizens, and it’s time to bridge the partisan gap to discuss critical topics affecting immigrant children and families including immigration policy, health, public benefits, grassroots organizations, and more.
Join Texas Family Leadership Council (TXFLC), CHILDREN AT RISK, CLASP, the Children’s Partnership, Children Thrive Action Network, Rational Middle, Center for Houston’s Future, and Rice University’s Baker Institute Center for the United States & Mexico on June 23rd from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CST) to discuss these challenges and more.
- Gabriella Barbosa, Policy Director, The Children’s Partnership
- Wendy Cervantes, Director, Immigration and Immigrant Families, CLASP
- Miriam Abaya, Senior Director of Immigration and Children’s Rights, First Focus on Children
- Sonia Lin, Executive Strategy Director, We Are Home Campaign
- Shelby Gonzales, Vice President of Immigration Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Danny Diaz, Director of Mobilizing, LUPE
- Otto Valenzuela, Public Policy & Advocacy Manager, Hispanic Unity of Florida
- Freddy Lopez, New Deal 4 Youth and Internal VP, UndocuMason
- Juan Gomez, Policy Analyst, Immigration and Immigrant Families, CLASP
- Emily Ruskin, Senior Policy Analyst, Unidos
- Daishi Miguel Tanaka, Immigration Policy Associate, Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAJC)
- Rita Medina, State Policy & Advocacy Manager, CHIRLA
- Sarah Howell, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Las Americas Newcomer School
- Isha Weerasinghe, Senior Policy Analyst, CLASP
- Sharon Watkins Jones, Director, Texas Racial Equity Collaborative, CHILDREN AT RISK
- Nneka Achapu, National Civic Engagement Coordinator, Black Alliance for Just Immigration
- Yael Ross, Special Consultant on Children of Immigrants, Children at Risk