Join Katie McConnell and Brian Greene, from CHILDREN AT RISK for the October 24th episode of Growing Up in America on 90.1FM KPFT in Houston! Episode includes:
- Data Head: Emily Freeborn, Staff Attorney at CHILDREN AT RISK, explains the significance of the number 144 Billion.
- Interview: Jason Sabo, from Frontera Strategy telling us about the state of the foster care system and some possible changes in the legislation.
- Interview: Kim Kofron, Senior Program Director, of Texas Association of Education of Young Children talking about early education.
- Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Should kids pursue vocational skills and certifications in high school instead of college prep?
- Interview: Elena Korbut, the Community Engagement Coordinator for Refugee Services at Interfaith Ministries of Greater Houston discussing the services they provide refugee children and their families.
Check out Growing Up in America on Twitter @GUIA_KPFT #AskBobandMandi