Attend an Event
C@R frequently hosts educational programs, policy briefings, and fundraising events. Visit the page for upcoming opportunities.
Talk to an Expert
C@R issue experts love sharing their work with the community. Request a speaker for community events, meetings, or just to learn more about children’s issues in Texas.
Work with Us
C@R offers flexible internship opportunities year round. Visit the Jobs and Internships page for open opportunities or contact a staff member.
Receive emails for timely notifications of local and statewide opportunities to contact your policymakers and urge them to improve the quality of life for Texas’ children.
- Volunteer your skills or service – C@R is always looking for assistance with Communications, Design, Printing/Production, Social Media, Video Production etc.
- Host a House Party or “Friendraiser” to introduce additional individuals to our organizations.
- Become a C@R Ambassador – Commit to inviting a group of people to our First Mondays Happy Hours; following us on Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter) and sharing our posts and events; and writing/editing blogs or op-eds related to C@R’s research and work.
- Encourage your company to join the Human Trafficking Prevention Business Partnership Program.
- Train to participate in C@R Cyber Patrols to fight human trafficking demand online.
- If you are an attorney or law student, offer pro bono legal support for Project AWESOME (Attorneys Working to End Sexually Oriented Massage Establishments) cases with legal research and advocacy.
- Request a Human Trafficking Bus Tour for your organization or company.
- Sign up for our Advocacy Alerts and help advocate for policy changes that will impact children.
- Visit, contact, and/or provide testimony to legislators during the next Legislative Session.
- Join us during one of our Advocacy Days in Austin during the next Legislative Session.
- Visit Greater Houston/Dallas City Halls to provide Council Members and their staff with information about our work (Training and materials will be provided).
Parenting & Family Well-Being:
- Engage with us online at TexasSchoolGuide.org or SmartParents.org.
- Serve on our Smartparents.org Parent Advisory Board.
- Assist at parent workshops we conduct with partners, or transport parents to the workshops.
- Volunteer with your team at our Summer Resource Fairs.
- Are you a parent of a child birth to 18? Consider participating in focus groups for our researchers.
- Does your child attend a Gold Ribbon School? Share your experiences with us.
Health and Nutrition:
- Volunteer to partner with a Summer Meal outreach location to provide activities (ex. games) to draw more kids to participate in summer feeding.
- Help expand outreach and partnerships by joining your local district’s School Health Advisory Council on behalf of C@R.
- Volunteer at one of our signature Special Events: Spring Party (Houston), Golf Tournament (Houston), Night In Gala (Dallas), and Accolades Luncheon (Houston).
- Volunteer at one of our Program Events: Children’s Summit, Health Summit, Human Trafficking Summit and Bus Tours, School Rankings and School Guide Release Events, among others.
- Attend our monthly “First Mondays at Americas” Happy Hour at Americas River Oaks.
For more information on engagement and volunteer opportunities, please email email@example.com