Advocacy Action Center
Ready to Take Action?
Sign up for our advocacy alerts to get the latest news, policy analysis, and ways to take action in your inbox. You can also find our policy resources and priorities for the 87th Session below.
Priorities for the 87th Texas Legislative Session
This year, the world shut down. The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in more insecurity, hunger, and learning loss than any child should experience and disproportionately affected children of color. However, we have the power to reverse course, address the systemic barriers and racial inequities preventing children from reaching their full potential, and build a brighter tomorrow for Texas children.
The public policies addressed in the upcoming 87th Texas Legislative Session can either set our children up for success or leave them further behind. With your help, we can pull the levers of power in favor of children.
1. Prioritize legislation that impacts low-income families in Texas and COVID-19 recovery.
2. Invest in quality early education, public education, and out of school time to ensure all children are ready for school, college, and careers.
3. Invest in programs and strategies that improve children’s physical, mental, and social development.
4. Prevent human trafficking and protect survivors.
5. Promote policies that increase equity and eliminate systemic racism in Texas.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
We need your help advocating for child-friendly policies! Sign-up for our Advocacy Alerts to stay informed during the 87th Texas Legislative Session and stay up-to-date on the latest actions!
Bill Watch List
Filed – 11/20/20
HB 619 – Relating to developing a strategic plan to support the child-care workforce.
Filed – 11/09/20
SB 108 – Relating to statements on the impact of legislation on childhood racial disparity.
Filed – 11/09/20
HB 390 – Relating to requirements for human trafficking awareness and prevention in commercial lodging establishments; authorizing a civil penalty.