Join guest hosts Shay Everitt from CHILDREN AT RISK and Brian Greene from the Houston Food Bank for the July 18th episode of Growing Up in America on 90.1FM KPFT in Houston! Episode includes:
- Data Head: CHILDREN AT RISK Staff Attorney Todd Latiolais explains the significance of the number 212.
- Interview: Dr. Jason Okonofua from Stanford University talks about his research on student outcomes.
- Interview: Baylor College of Medicine pediatric residents Dr. Janis Sethness and Aviva Aiden talk about the benefits and potential hazards of Pokemon Go for kids and some summer safety reminders for Houston heat.
- Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Aggressive names for children?
- Interview: Michelle Kinder, Executive Director of Momentous Institute talks about talking to kids about traumatic events.
Check out Growing Up in America on Twitter @GUIA_KPFT #AskBobandMandi