Join Brian Greene from the Houston Food Bank and Scott Van Beck from the Houston A+ Challenge for the November 14th episode of Growing Up in America on 90.1FM KPFT in Houston! Episode includes:
- Data Head: Andy Canales, Director of CHILDREN AT RISK’s Center of Social Measurement and Evaluation to talk about the significance of the number 118 Million.
- Interview: Brande Nester of Bennett’s Bears a charity that collects Build-a-bear donations and gives them to children in hospitals.
- Interview: Dr. Bob Sanborn and Assistant Director of Public Policy and Early Education, Shay Everitt to see what’s going on down in the valley and what’s up with the Texas School Guide.
- Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Is it okay to use stamps on a child’s arm/hand as a way to notify parents.
- Interview: Mary-Jane Williams, Executive Director of Family To Family Network, to talk to about issues facing the families of children with disabilities and what her organization does to support them.
Check out Growing Up in America on Twitter @GUIA_KPFT #AskBobandMandi