Join Dr. Bob Sanborn and Mandi Kimball from CHILDREN AT RISK for the August 18th episode of Growing Up in America on 90.1FM KPFT in Houston! Episode includes:
- Data Head: Dr. Francis Deviney, Texas KIDS COUNT Director at The Center for Public Policy Priorities, explains the significance of the number 72.
- Interview: Reporter Juan José Rodas talks about Telemundo’s Honduras humanitarian initiative.
- Interview: Barbara Melnik, Director of the Harris County Foster Grandparents Program, talks about the role of grandparents in the lives of children.
- Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Dual languages in early education?
- Interview: Mitzi Bartlett, Director of the House of Tiny Treasures, talks about early education for homeless children.